Saturday, November 19, 2005

Nice to see you, to see you...


November 18th, 2005 around 9pm, there is a cold snap in the air and I'm standing outside the stage entrance to BBC Studio # 1 when it happens.

Bruce Forsyth, the Don of light TV entertainment strides purposefully my way along a freshly laid red carpet. He looks purposeful but there is no mistaking him. The tux, the glitter in the eye, the beautifully woven rug. What a Brucie Bonus.

Breaking protocol I cross on to the carpet and bouyed by the confidence that only a thousand Brucie impressions can inspire, I greet the man with a enthusiastic "Hello Bruce," and thrust out my hand to be shaken. There is no way he is escaping me.

Being the consumate pro, he takes my hand, wishes me well and then before knowing what he's walked into I pass on my mobile and ask him to greet my girlfriend Nina - there is no way this chance encounter is going undocumented!

"Hello there...isn't it cold...well have a good evening...oh and Merry Christmas!"

And with that he was on his way. Christmas has truly come early!

No comments: